A pool is just as much a part of your home as your kitchen or bedroom. That’s why there will come a time that you will need to do some upgrades to either restore it or give it a new look. Whichever the case may be, Flower Mound Pool Care & Maintenance can help. We have nearly two decades of experience in the pool business. Call us to learn about the pool remodeling Highland Village residents are raving about.
Don’t go into a pool remodeling project blind. Before you start making plans, there are things to consider.
The Pool Remodeling Highland Village Residents Want
There are many reasons people decide to remodel their pool. Due to the time and money it costs, pool remodeling is usually a well thought out decision. While everyone’s reasons will vary, here are a few of the most common for pool remodeling.
- Your pool is showing its age. Wear and tear as well as the repeated use of chemicals can do a job on your pool’s surface. If your pool is showing its age, it may be time for a facelift.
- Adding a new feature. Slides, tiles, even a new filtration system are reasons enough to remodel your pool. Some people even opt for a sprinkler or waterfall.
- Energy efficiency. Some people look for ways to make their pools more energy efficient when it comes to filters and lighting.
- Deck renovation. While it’s not technically your pool, the surrounding deck is a major part of the big picture. If that’s in need of some TLC that means it’s also a good time to remodel.
- Warranty issues or safety upgrade. Some people decide to remodel their pool to keep the warranty in place or to renew it. Others take on the project to upgrade their pool’s safety.
To learn more about the pool remodeling Highland Village residents want, let Flower Mound Pool Care & Maintenance be your guide.
Changing Pool Water is Also Remodeling
While many people may think a pool remodeling project needs to be solely focused on the look of your pool or adding new features, that’s certainly not the case. Pool remodeling in Highland Village or anywhere else can also be in the form of changing pool water.
One of the most popular pool remodeling projects that has to do with water is making the switch from a chlorine pool to a saltwater pool. Over time, a chlorine pool can cause dry skin and itchy eyes. That’s one of the main reasons many people switch to saltwater pools. The difference with saltwater pools is the quality and concentration of chlorine it contains. Make no mistake; there is still chlorine in saltwater pools.
Here’s the difference…
By adding salt to the water, you create a saltwater solution that your pool filters. During the process, the solution passes through a salt cell which gives it a small electrical jolt. This creates the pool’s own chlorine to help keep it clean, so it doesn’t need tablets or chemicals.
Even when you switch to a saltwater pool, you still need to test it and clean it regularly. Flower Mound Pool Care & Maintenance can help set up a cleaning schedule so you have more time to do other things. When you are looking for this type of pool remodeling in Highland Village, we can guide you through the process step by step.
Deck Changes and Pool Remodeling
As we mentioned above, your pool deck is a big part of your pool. That’s why a pool remodeling project can focus on the deck alone. If you’re not sure if your deck needs remodeling, here are a couple of reasons why it might.
- Pool coping. This is the outside border that surrounds your pool. It is what you use to hold on to when you’re sitting at the edge of the pool. This can get worn over time. There are many different colors and textures including stones and textured stripes.
- Complete pool deck renovation. You can change the look of your pool deck by remodeling it completely. This can be in the form of the surface or size. A new deck can be safer and give you more room to entertain.
Benefits of Pool Remodeling in Highland Village
There are many benefits of a pool remodeling project. Here are a few to consider:
- Increased Use. People will tend to use your shiny new pool versus your old one.
- Adds Value to Your Home. A pool that is remodeled with new features will add more value to your home than one that is in need of repair.
- Safety and Security. Many pool upgrades are done to keep up with warranties. This will keep your pool as safe as possible.
The type of pool remodeling project you decide to do will greatly vary the cost. Simple tile replacement is in an entirely different price range than a total deck remodeling project. Even a change in the type of water in your pool will vary.
For 14 years, Flower Mound Pool Care & Maintenance has proudly served the Highland Village area when it comes to pool remodeling. We have helped countless customers find the right type of pool remodeling project to suit their needs.