The reasons why people decide to remodel their pools are similar to the ones that lead them to remodel their homes. Whether it’s adding a new coat of paint or updating a bathroom, after a period of time you want to change it up a bit. Other times you could be forced to remodel if something in your home needs repair. The same can be said about your swimming pool. Some choose to do it for aesthetic reasons and other times it’s out of necessity. For the pool remodeling Castle Hills residents want, see the experts at Flower Mound Pool Care & Maintenance.
The Pool Remodeling Castle Hills Residents Want
If you’re looking for pool remodeling in Castle Hills, here are some of the reasons why people decide it’s time for a pool overhaul:
- Your pool is damaged. If you’ve had your pool for a great number of years, your pool can take a beating from wear and tear. If this sounds like your pool it could be time to remodel. In some cases there could also be broken pipes or structural damage which could force you to remodel.
- You want a new look. Maybe you saw a design in a magazine or maybe your friend had a design that would look great in your backyard. Whatever your reason, there’s no shame in wanting to remodel simply because you want to give your pool a new look.
- You want to add a feature. Pools are fun and sometimes you want to add a new feature to change things up a bit. Whether it’s a slide for the kids or a waterfall for adults, sometimes you want to have a little more fun in your pool. Adding accessories and new features are ways to do this.
- You want to update the tile. If your pool is on the older side, you may decide you want to update the tile. You can make changes to the color of the tiles as well as the pattern if you’d like.
- You want to keep up with safety features. Some pool owners decide to remodel to keep up with safety features. A pool that isn’t safe isn’t fun for anyone.
Other Reasons for Pool Remodeling Castle Hills Swimming Pools
Sometimes you won’t have to look for reasons for a pool overhaul because your pool will tell you it needs some TLC. If you notice any of the following things, it may be time to remodel your pool.
- Discolored or cracked plaster
- Plaster is rough on the feet and on bathing suits
- Discolored, outdated or cracked tiles
Things that can be done in a pool overhaul
Once you decide to do a pool remodel in Castle Hills, it’s time to zero in on what exactly you want to do. Here are some ideas:
- Installing more efficient pumps, heaters, and filters
- New decking
- New tiles
No matter what you decide to do, Flower Mound Pool Care Maintenance can not only help you remodel but help to schedule weekly pool care so that your pool stays in the best shape once you’re done with your project.
Pool remodeling process
What you decide you want to include in your pool remodeling will determine the process. Here is a look at the typical process pool remodeling takes on.
- Draining the pool. Before you can do anything you need to get the water out of your pool. This can take anywhere from six to twelve hours. A submersible pump is placed inside of your pool with a hose leading out to the street to drain the water.
- Prepping the pool. In order to get the pool ready for its new look, the old surface needs to be chipped and primed. If you’re changing tiles this would be the time it gets done.
- Surface and pebble application. Both of these steps will help to get the pool’s surface ready for water after the remodeling project is done. An acid wash is the last part of the process before adding water.
- Adding water & chemicals. This process can take a little bit of time depending on how big your pool is. Expect to reserve anywhere from 12 to 48 hours for this step.
Benefits of pool remodeling
Besides looking fabulous, there are many other benefits to pool remodeling in Castle Hills.
- More use. When things are shiny and new people tend to use them more. Pools are no different.
- Add value to the house. If you decide to sell down the road, a newly remodeled pool can be a bonus.
- Safer pool. If tiles are falling off or the bottom is rough and uncomfortable, that’s just not safe for anyone. Pool remodeling can add an extra layer of safety.
Things to consider before remodeling your pool
When it comes to pool remodeling in Castle Hills and anywhere else, you want to take your time and do it the right way. Here are some things to consider.
- Don’t plan your remodeling in the summer. Opt for fall or spring when your pool won’t be used so that the remodeling can be complete in time for you to enjoy your pool in the summer.
- Keep safety in mind. Just because some features may be fun, they may not be a good choice if you have small children around. Keep this in mind when deciding which features to add.
- Set a budget & stick to it. As with any home project, you need to set a budget and stick to it as much as possible. Unforeseen circumstances always arise. But, you should try to stick with what you budgeted from the start.
When you’re deciding on a pool remodeling project, it’s important to get a company that understands your needs and can provide ideas. Flower Mound Pool Care and Maintenance has extensive experience when it comes to pool remodeling.