The start of a new year means it’s time to start planning to take care of your home as well as your pool. If you haven’t had a weekly pool cleaning service before, the new year is a great time to start planning and thinking about what it entails so that you’re ready to get going once the season starts.
While you can skim the surface daily and pick out leaves and other debris, getting your pool serviced regularly is the only way to keep it clean and to make sure it is maintaining the proper chemical levels. Besides cleaning and vacuuming your pool, scheduling a regular pool service means your pool will also be checked for rips and tears in the liner.
Other things that can be addressed include:
- Water analysis & adding any necessary chemicals
- Brushing pool walls & steps
- Emptying pump baskets & skimmer baskets
- Pool opening & closing & backwashing
- Inspecting pool equipment & plumbing for cracks and inconsistencies
Here are some things to consider if you’re thinking about adding weekly pool service for the first time this year:
Do Your Homework
Treat pool service as you would any other type of contractor you would have come into your home. This means asking around for references and checking company reviews.
When reading reviews, keep everything in perspective because you know people can be brutally honest, but may also exaggerate. Be sure to weigh all reviews before making your decision. There will always be one or two in the bunch who were not completely happy.
Once you’ve narrowed your search down to a couple of companies, you’ll want to ask the following questions before signing any contracts:
- What will my schedule include? You need to know what exactly your contract will include. Ask for everything to be written out for you. Never assume something will be covered unless you see it in writing.
- What type of license and insurance do you have? Be sure any pool service companies are licensed and insured if they are going to be working on your property. If the company cannot provide you with this type of information you may want to think twice about signing a contract.
- Do you offer any guarantees? Many companies will offer a guarantee if you are not satisfied with the work that is done. Ask ahead of time so that there are no surprises.
Also, ask what monthly fees include. At Flower Mound, your monthly fee is a monthly fee, regardless of whether there are 4 or 5 weeks in a month.
Other Tips for Weekly Pool Cleaning Service
Other things to keep in mind include asking if you can have your pool serviced on the same day every week. This just helps to keep things on track for everyone. At Flower Mound, there is plenty of full-time staff on board so there will always be someone there to take care of your needs.
Once you hire weekly pool cleaning service, you’ll begin to reap the benefits like:
- Balanced chemicals. Maintaining the proper chemical balance is a result of having a professional test your water. If you try to do this yourself you may find that you are adding unnecessary chemicals, spending extra money and still ending up with a green pool that lasts for days.
- Saving money on unnecessary equipment. When you hire a weekly pool service, you save money on equipment. If you have a professional pool service company taking care of your pool, that means less equipment for you to buy and store.
- Increased pool value. If you’re planning on selling your home down the road you know having a well-maintained pool can be a big selling point. But, no one wants to own a pool that hasn’t been taken care of in years. By hiring weekly pool service you are also helping to maintain the value of your pool and helping to increase the resale value of your home.
Weekly Pool Cleaning at Flower Mound Pool Care & Maintenance
At Flower Mound Pool Care & Maintenance, we can help you schedule weekly pool service so that everything you need will be included. We will work with you to determine what types of services need to be done weekly and which ones can be done more sporadically.
We have a 23-point plan that includes the following:
Chemical Analysis & Maintenance
- Calcium Hardness
- Cyanuric Acid
- Salt content on saltwater pool
Pool Equipment Maintenance and Service Reporting
- Skimmer baskets checked and emptied
- Pool sweep debris bags checked and emptied
- Pump baskets checked and emptied
- Pool sweep wall screen checked and cleaned
- Pool sweep operation checked
- Monitor filter pressure
- Backwash DE and sand filters as needed
- Clean salt cell as needed
- Calibrate salt system as needed
- Monitor and maintain valve orientation for circulation adjustments
- Visual inspection of equipment and reporting of significant issues
- Weekly e-mail notification and photographs
- Net debris
- Clean spa
- Vacuum as needed
This is why so many people trust us with their weekly pool service.
For the past 14 years, we have proudly performed pool service in Castle Hills, Argyle, Carrollton, Coppell, Corinth, Double Oak, Flower Mound, Lake Dallas, Lantana, Plano, McKinney, and Frisco and continue to do so today. We have helped countless customers set a pool service schedule and see the benefits of hiring a professional pool service company.